Do you have wide feet and have trouble finding wide basketball shoes that fit you perfectly? In this article we will show you the 11 best basketball shoes for wide feet in 2020. For those of us who’ve got wide feet, trying to play our favorite game can be a nightmare when you are trying to find quality shoes. As a matter of fact, basketball shoes tend to be tight and narrow making it hard for wide feet players to wear and sometimes we force our feet into these narrow shoes just to get the color or style we like. We have done some in-depth research that should help you with choosing the right men’s wide basketball shoe.
This article will review these shoes according to their overall quality. Basketball players with wide feet often have flat feet which means that arch support is importance to have in the shoe. Ankle support, traction, pricing, weight, and style should be considered when buying any of these wide basketball shoes. Another paramount aspect would be to only look at the shoe’s outer sole. If the traction and material seem to be larger or stretches on for a longer time than your average basketball shoe, then it means that the shoe will cater for players with wide feet. Having wide feet should not translate to being held back when it comes to performance on the court. You can also get good discounts on mens shoes if you look in the right places. Here is our list of the best mens wide basketball shoes of 2020:
Best Mens Wide Basketball Shoes Comparison
|Nike LeBron XIII||Flywire||$$$|
|Air Jordan XXXI ASW||Flyweave||$$$$|
|Men’s Under Armour Fire Shot Low Basketball Shoes||Form Fitting foam||$$$|
|Air Jordan CP3 X||Mesh||$$$|
|Adidas D Lillard 2.0||Leather||$$$|
|AND 1 Men’s Xcelerate||Mesh||$$$|
|Tesh Trooper Men Round Toe Synthetic Basketball Shoe||Mesh||$|
|Adidas Performance Men’s D Rose 7 Basketball Shoe||Synthetic leather||$$$|
|Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe||Leather||$$|
- Explosive Response: Flight speed technology distributes the compression force of your feet evenly over a full-length Nike Zoom unit, maximizing its spring back response for a more explosive step.
- Superior comfort: Your foot is wrapped by an inner sleeve for a personalized fit while foam pods in the heel provide extra cushioning as you land.
- Flexible support: a flexible flyweave forefoot and a color-shift leather heel join seamlessly, allowing your foot to move naturally while maintaining support during quick cuts and transitions.
- Has an outer sole made of translucent rubber with color shift pigment
- A crisscross outsole pattern provides a multidirectional traction
- Flywire cables to wrap your midfoot for a locked in-fit
- Comes with design elements that recall the original Jordan’s
His Airiness’ legacy continues with the Men’s Air Jordan XXXI basketball shoes. This shoe takes innovation directly from the original Air Jordan creating a groundbreaking silhouette for you to dominate the courts with. The shoe boasts of an intricate light flyweave technology in combination with supportive synthetic leather for a one kind design that acts as a second skin. The top piece incorporates several iconic elements from the Jordan. It includes the original wings of the Air Jordan logo on its tongue and the Jumpman, and Nike swoosh appears alongside one another for the first time. You will like the support and lockdown fit that the flywire provides. The shoe provides lightweight cushioning thanks to the full-length Zoom Air unit. Its signature flight speed technology will leave you to explore your inner beast for explosive steps. The rubber outsole has a Herrington pattern for multidirectional traction that enables you to make quick cuts on the court. The unprecedented style and performance have been brought to the table with the Air Jordan XXXI wide basketball shoes. They normally deliver maximum responsiveness and enhanced cushioning to help you agile and comfortable during the games most explosive moments.
- Duraspring eva midsole to provide both cushion and support
- Low sew design on the upper part to ensure durability while inhibiting stitch lines that can create hot rubs or spots
- Internal booty construction providing breathability and comfort
- 3 D thermoplastic polyurethane shank stabilizer to pr
ovide additional arch support and torsional rigidity
- Lase cut vents to ensure maximum ventilation
- Wave Herrington outsole to give you excellent court traction
- A shaft that measures approximately High Top” from arch
This shoe was designed to help amplify your game. The AND1 Men’s Xcelerate 2 Basketball Shoe is a dynamic and modern update with increased performance, style and breathability. In the 1990s, AND1 canvassed through the streets, gymnasiums, and playgrounds all over the world. Now, the basketball shoe is continuously building a formidable team armed with all the resources the current basketball landscape in an international style. AND1 is a sure bet that will deliver an experience full of impact on and off the court with a product that is brave enough and willing to challenge the convention and cut against the grain.
AND1 is the basketball brand for serious game players. In 1033 when the company was founded, it made its mark with a line of trash talk tee shirts. Today the company offers a complete product line for basketball players. AND 1 has been endorsed by countless NBA superstars. The shoe knows basketball and makes a great footwear engineered for on and off the court style and performance. The 3 D shank stabilizer gives you the much-needed arch support for players with wide feet and complements with torsional rigidity. The High rebound Duraspring midsole foams gives the player impact cushioning and provides structural stability for optimum court performance. AND 1 incorporates a synthetic sole for more shock absorption and a more comfortable landing.
- Flywire to lock your foot when you make explosive and quick movements on the court and provide a stable base that you need to be most athletic.
- Hyperfuse upper construction for a breathable and lightweight support.
- Breathable, one-piece bootie fits snug against your foot to give a secure support like a cut on the court.
- Translucent rubber outsole is providing a stable traction that allows you to explode in and out of your cuts.
- An independent Nike Zoom midsole units to give you flexible cushioning that enables a soft and safe landing.
When the King of basketball LeBron James puts his name on a shoe, it must be state of the art. Especially if it were highly priced and touted as Nike is making this shoe. King is not your average man. He stands at 250 pounds 6’8 from the ground. This makes it obvious that even if he does not have wide feet, he is going to need a big shoe to cater for both his weight and height including his huge feet. The LeBron XII are some most expensive big brand shoes that you can add to your sports closets. They are also among the best shoes that Nike has on their sale list. Nike strikes the first spot on our list of best basketball ball shoes with the LeBron XII wide basketball shoe. They may run a little high on the price range, but they also provide a wider space for the front of your foot which is what we are after.
All LeBron shoes are not made the same, and it’s advisable to stick with the XII mode. These shoes are made with a lightweight mesh which is a trend to look for in wide basketball shoes. The mesh gives more flexibility in the shoes allowing wider feet to fit in comfortably. The LeBron XII come with an excellent traction and cushion for your feet. It’s good to combine performance and high-quality wide shoes which the LeBron perfectly accomplish and even more. They come with a pretty substantial ankle support if you are the player to worry about rolling ankles. If you have wide feet, then these are the basketball shoes to consider.
- Synthetic sole
- Manmade outsole and mesh upper material
- 1” heel measurement
- Mesh fabric
- Widened toe box
The Tesh Trooper Men’s Leather High Top Basketball Athletic Shoes features a synthetic upper with a round toe. The synthetic outsole gives the shoe a lasting wear and traction. There is a probability that you are not familiar with Tesh sports, and have never even heard the name mentioned before. There is an even better chance that you might skip out on these shoes to buy others from a brand that you are well versed with. But, do not ignore these shoes. Tesh sports makes the best shoes for wide feet on the market today, and the D-Up Mid is perhaps the best in the wide feet basketball shoe category. While making a very nice supportive shoe, Tesh sports includes a widened toe box with other companies lending their focus towards their basketball shoes. This offers the toes lots of breathing room and helps in supporting your foot’s natural splay. The Tesh Trooper is made with a synthetic mesh which enhances flexibility and breathability while at the same time offering support. Overall, Tesh Trooper is just made wider too, and so there’s little to worry about when making a purchase for this shoes. However, the only disadvantage to this shoe is that you may have to wait for some time for them to be back in stock. The stock on Tesh sports website is already depleted, but there is a promise that they will be back as soon as possible.
- Molded, sculpted, EVA rubber midsole which delivers unmatched, lightweight responsiveness that turns cushioned landings into explosive landings
- Extremely breathable and lightweight synthetic mesh upper covers the forefoot
- Form-fitting CompFit ankle construction which provides a superior range of motion, custom fit, and the ultimate compressive ankle support
- Padded CompFit tongue which prevents lace bite and locks you in place
- Full-length molded Micro G sock liner molds to and cushions your foot
- Rubber sole which absorbs the shock while landing
This Under Armour Fire Shot basketball shoes sets your game on fire. It took a long time for the Under Armour to have a break through on this list. Being an upcoming footwear company, UA had probably not focused on wider feet that much. Most players that they endorsed are not plagued with wide feet. However, here comes the Fireshot Basketball shoes to the rescue to players with wide feet. The Fireshot Make use of a little bit of mesh around the forefoot for your toes. It is this small pocket of mesh that gives the extra space for wide feet. The rest of the shoe is Under Armour’s Fireshot patented technology which is meant to make you have the feeling that you are wearing nothing. It nicely folds into your foot.
The support and traction on the UA Fireshot are also top notch. UA is quickly gaining a reputation for creating shoes with excellent traction in almost all of their brands. They make use of traction that is unique in a pattern to accomplish this. However, it works perfectly, and no one is complaining. The Fireshot also comes in a broad variety of colors to fit your jersey and style.
- Techfit engineered for a flexible natural support and a seamless fit
- Padded collar for extra comfort
- Grippy rubber outsole
- A fabric sole
- Boost energy-returning properties keep your every step charged with an infinite supply of light, fast energy
- Incorporates a textile upper
- Four zones of flex for added stability and motion
- Puremotion mimics the natural motion of the barefoot for traction
- Sprintframe construction for speed through a supportive and lightweight chassis
The D Lillard comes in two forms; the standard style and the Primeknit style. The Primeknit was made to be more elastic making it friendlier to wide footers all over the world. The overall performance of the Lillard 2.0 shoes is top notch. It has a low traction, a fantastic fit and an incredible technology with Boost technology. Honestly, the Lillard 2.0’s were the best performing shoes of all the shoe models of 2016. Although the Dame 3 shoes are out, we haven’t seen their Primeknit version yet. As long has you have the Primeknit version, these shoes will be ideal for players with wide feet. They are also low top shoes which should not discourage you due to the support factor. The torsional bar ensures that the shoes support your feet just fine. It also Lillars2.0 also features a bounce cushioning and a Jaguar upper. Adidas have also come up with the Boost cushioning to replace Bounce in the Prime Knit upper version.
Just like all Primeknits Lillard 2.0 is very light and perfect for comfort. The Boost cushioning is responsive, comfortable and provides impact protection. The fact that they are an upgrade fashion of the standard D Lillard could be the reason for their incredible performance. The technologies in use here are SprintFrame, TECHFIT, Continental Rubber, and BOUNCE. Continental rubber outsole provides excellent traction irrespective of the floor condition. The Lillard 2.0 is loaded with lots of techs that you will never find in any other shoe
- Rubber sole
- A shaft that measures approximately five inches from arch
- Boost cushioning which the most responsive of its kind. The more energy you give, the more you get
- A designed mesh and a synthetic upper providing maximum breathability
- Synthetic overlays for strategic support
- Lightweight engineering
- An outsole with an improved traction pattern tread to offer maximum grip
- Molded collar to provide support and works perfectly with a brace; this are the premium signature details for D-Rose
The d Rose seven wide basketball shoes honors the never-break attitude of Derrick Rose. The shoe incorporates a mesh in the upper for ventilation and energy returning boost. This keeps you moving with determination an instinct like D-Rose. Even with a brace, their modeled collar gives a dynamic fit. With a full-length Boost cushioning in the sole of the shoe, this superior cushioning of the shoe will keep you comfortable no matter how long you play on the courts. The lightweight Primeknit upper gives you the much-needed breathability while the aggressive traction pattern on the outside gives you a fantastic traction regardless of the court you are playing on. The Derrick Rose signature logo is featured on the shoe’s tongue while the iconic three stripes are featured on the side of the upper. The shoe features ru
bber on its outsole with an aggressive pattern to ensure a grippy touch Purchase a pair of D Rose & basketball shoes to start your season right.
- TPU lateral support wing with dynamic lacing system for overall lockdown and durability
- A low IP midsole with a podular nine –chambered
- Rubber sole for more traction
- Low profile rubber with a newly designed foot-mapped traction pattern
- Zoom Air unit for increased responsive cushioning and flexibility
- Upper woven one piece
- Flywire cables integrate with laces for dynamic lockdown
- Injected Phylon midsole for lightweight cushioning
Jordan’s are excellent for performance and quality. They were featured in the compound report for wide feet shoes back in 2013. This is a little bit older it still available and that’s is why we recommend it in 2020. It’s a solid choice and a performing shoe. Designed for dynamic and fast play, the CP3.X features a one-piece, seamless woven upper for lightweight support. They also have a Nike Zoom Air unit for ultra-responsive cushioning underfoot.
The CP3.X belongs to a class of shoes that have a unique one-piece mesh construction that is not seen in the class of top quality shoes. This is what gives it a bit of extra space from the regular CP3 models. It comes with two different versions; the regular and AE versions. The regular version was made from more rugged faux leather materials which make it a little snugger fitting. This gives the regular version a little more support for your wide feet. The AE version was made with more nylon and mesh which allows for more give in the fitting which makes it break-in easier. This means that you can wear the AE version full throttle pretty much out of the box.
- High-top basketball sneaker featuring a three stripes logo at sides and perforations for ventilation
- Rubber sole for more traction and grip
- Air mesh tongue, collar and rear quarter
- CLOUDFOAM sock liner and midsole for lightweight cushioning
- Grippy rubber outs
- Cloudfoam midsoles offer a soft and comfortable ride
Cloudform incorporates a solid mid-cut style with an appealing price. The cloud foam midsole gives them a soft comfortable ride. It also features a memory foam footbed. The full grain upper give the shoe the much-needed ventilation and breathability as it is perforated. The collar and rear quarter together with an air mesh tongue ensure that the Cloudfoam makes you comfortable while on the court. With the modern day basketball style and springy cloudfoam cushioning, these shoes are great for everyday wear. Made in a mid-cut, they have a leather upper and contrasting three stripes. Your comfort and style are on point in the classic design Ilation Mid sneaker of the Adidas cloudfoam. The Cloudfoam midsoles provide a soft ride in the court. The durable uppers help provide great performance, while the perforated detailing and the mesh collars offer a great and a fresh look.
- A mega fuse leather upper with synthetic materials
- A Zoom Air bag midsole
- Full-length Phylon for lightweight cushioning and stability
- Two Zoom air units located under the heel and first met head are 13mm thick for response
- Multi-density layers for lightweight support and comfort
The LeBron XIII is back and better than ever. Utilizing the new Zoom L.E.A.P system, the 13 is engineered to maximize explosiveness. Its dynamic Flywire cables and sleek upper design are light and lean, yet strong and very durable. The LeBron XIII make you feel like a king in the court when they help you dominate the game. The Zoom Air cushioning also help to maximize your explosiveness in the court. With a sleek upper design and dynamic Flywire cables are light and lean, the LeBron XIII gives you a great feeling and a strong support with every move you make. The Full-length Phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning and stability. This means that whether you are a quick ball handler or a big post player, your fee will get all the cushioning they require. The Multi- density operators provide flexible support and lightweight comfort which is a new technology not available in the LeBron shoe to this time. The 13mm thick Zoom Air units located under the heel give the best response on the court.
One of the most obvious ways to spot a shoe that should be good for you if you have wide feet is meshed on the shoe front for the toes. Often, when the shoe forefront has a bunch of mesh, it was engineered to flex with the feet. You will always need shoes that can flex with you when you have wide feet. Another good sign of getting the best basketball shoes for wide feet is a sizeable underfoot support. Primarily look at the area where the traction pattern is located. If it looks abnormally larger than the usual, you can be sure that the shoe caters f
or a big foot audience. The other primary method which is 100% sure is actually to try the shoes on. This can be pretty tough when you are trying to buy the shoes online, but luckily every store has a return policy. You can always drop into a store and try them on before purchasing after which you can go online and buy after making sure that they fit
So we have shown you ten amazing shoes. The following are our recommendations for the best most reliable shoes for wide feet. Feel free and take the initiative to ask around from teammates or friends with wide feet. Finding wide feet shoes is unfortunately not easy as the market doesn’t seem too interested in taking care of deep footers which are a real shame. We sincerely hope that our guide helps find the best wide feet shoes to keep you comfortable on the court for hours.